Hosts Kattie and Mila explore the concept of impostor syndrome; what it is and the challenge with traditional discussions on the phenomenon. They explore the concept of environmental exclusion when the culture, environment, biases surrounding a person are more so the cause of feeling like an imposter vs. an internally occurring phenomenon.
Shared on this episode:
- Review of Original Research: “The Impostor Phenomenon: Recent Research Findings Regarding Dynamics, Personality and Family Patterns and Their Implications for Treatment” by Joe Langford and Pauline Rose Clance
- HBR: “Stop Telling Women They Have Imposter Syndrome” by Ruchika Tulshyan and Jodi-Ann Burey
- Psychology Today: “Do You Have Momposter Syndrome” by Alison Escalante M.D.
- BBC: “Why imposter syndrome hits women and women of colour harder” by Sheryl Nance-Nash
- University World News: “Impostor syndrome? No. Just racism.” by Ebony McGee
- Psychology Today: “Nine Ways to Fight Impostor Syndrome” by Ellen Hendriksen, Ph.D.
Did You Know: The Power Pose
- Harpers Bazaar: “How standing like Wonder Woman can boost your confidence”
- TED Talk: “Your body language may shape who you are” by Amy Cuddy
It Doesn’t All Suck:
- “A woman will helm the Louvre for the first time in its 228- year history”
- “The Boss Is Back: Diana Ross is Releasing Her First New Album in 15 Years”
- Diana Ross: New Song – “Thank You”
- Diana Ross: “Do You Know Where You’re Going To”
- Diana Ross: “Muscles”
- Diana Ross: “Mirror Mirror”
House of Apis
Hosts: Mila Aleman and Kattie Capozza
Music: Hussa Al Humaidhi
Sound Effects: Zapsplat